Monday, January 7, 2008

some thoughts on a monday night....

so, i was driving home tonight and i heard an old song on the radio (well, not so much old, rather off the raido??) anyway, i listened to the lyrics for the first time tonight actually. it was the augustana song boston. (see lyrics) i guess i feel like i can relate to those lyrics so much. I find them so identifiable at times. just to be able to up and leave your struggles and difficulties.....the thing in the song was that no one understands. this, however, in my life is not true. the part in the song that says "you dont know me and you dont wear my chains" hit me tonight. i guess this is where i looked at my life right now and thanked God for the people He has placed in my life that help me wear my chains. If it were not for them and the support and love they give, i think i would already be in boston. i know that sometimes bearing the burdens of others is heavy and difficult, but it is what we as friends are supposed to do. i know it is what the precious friends that God has placed in my life do. i am truly honored to be blessed with such amazing people.

0 comments: