Monday, January 21, 2008

Brown Road Signs

*46. start stopping when i see brown historical signs on interstates (& photograph them)*

Richmond, VA

Well, I accidently took a small road trip today. I rode with my friend Michayla to take her brother back home to Virginia. I decided since we were on 95 (worst road in the world) to make the best of it. There were a million brown signs on the road so I decided to go to town. We rode around downtown and then stopped at a brown sign. I was a little disappointed at Richmond actually. I has the potential to be an amazing town, but it really needs so much work. We did finally find one cool street with some neat stores and an eclectic little coffee shop. On the way home we stopped at Parker's Battery. We were trying to stop at James River Plantations...but I found that the places on the brown signs are not that easy to find while off the highway. James River Plantations would have been an incredible place to visit after I got home and researched it. Parkers Battery, come to find out, is simply a small park that has breeds of woodpeckers for goodness sake. haha. Go figure. Oh well, next time I am in Richmond, I will find James River Plantations. And, I am positive I will enjoy it. So, here is the photo trail of the brown signs...and then some of Richmond.

The sign I saw from the road....


The sign I saw off the freeway...


What I got to see...wow....haha

0 comments: